School of Applied Sciences Publications 2010–2011
- Pryce, J. G., Pryce, D. H., Shackelford, K. K. (2011). The costs of courage: Combat Stress, Warriors, & Family Survival. Chicago, IL: Lyceum Books, Inc.
- Goh, B. K. & Kim, Y. H. (2008). Hospitality Managerial Cost Control (5th Ed.) Copy Outlet, Inc. (Copyright, 2008 & 2009), Lubbock, TX.
- Higdon, CW and Mustain W. Life care planning for children with hearing impairments In R. Weed and D. Berens (Eds), Handbook of Life Care Planning and Case Management, Third Edition Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press.
- Higdon, CW and Vaughan, L., “Speech Language Pathology in Pediatric Life Care Planning”, in R. Weed and D. Berens (Eds), Handbook of Life Care Planning and Case Management, Third Edition Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press.
- Higdon, CW. The role of the audiologist in life care planning. In R. Weed and D. Berens (Eds), Handbook of Life Care Planning and Case Management, Third Edition Boca Raton, Florida: CRC Press.
- Owens, Scott, Lifestyle Medicine, Edition 2, entitled “Childhood Obesity and the Metabolic Syndrome” (James Rippe, ed)
- Blunt GH, Hallam JS. The worksite supportive environments for active living survey (SEALS): Development and psychometric properties. American Journal of Health Promotion, 2010, Sep/Oct, 25(1), 48-57.
- Bonis, M. and Loftin, M. Seasonal bone density and body composition changes in High School Wrestlers. (2011). International Journal of Wrestling Science. 1:42-44.
- Dubbert, P.M., Robinson, J.C., Sung, J.H., Ainsworth, B.E., Wyatt, S.B., Carithers, T.,Newton, R., Rhudy, J., Barbour, K., Sternfield, B., Taylor, H. Physical Activity and Obesity In African Americans: The Jackson Heart Study. (2010) Ethnicity & Disease 2010;20:383-389.
- Ford-Wade, M.A., Bass, M.A., & Zhao, Y. Osteoporosis knowledge, Self-efficacy and beliefs among college students in the US and China. (accepted January 2011)
- Garner, JC, MacDonald, CJ, Wade, C, Johnson, AK, & Ford-Wade, MA. The Influence of Body Composition on Youth Throwing Kinetics. Pediatric Exercise Science (Accepted, in print 2011)
- Gustafson, S., Nassar, S. and Waddell, D. Single Case Design in Psychophysiological Research: Part I, Journal of Neurotherapy, 15 (1) 18-34
- Gutin, B., and Owens, S., “The influence of physical activity on cardiometabolic biomarkers in youths: a review.” Ped Ex Sci, accepted for publication
- Ivy, L. J., & Masterson, J. J. (2011). A Comparison of Oral and Written English Styles in African American Students at Different Stages of Writing Development. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools, 42, 31-40.
- Johnson, Jeffrey and C. J. Jensen III. (2010). The financing of terrorism. Journal of the Institute of Justice & International Studies. 10: 103-116.
- Keena, L. D (2011). The impact of faith-based programming in local jails. EuroCriminology (vol 23/24) [In print]
- Keena, L.D.,& Wright, T. H. (2011). The role of religion in rehabilitation. EuroCriminology (vol 23/24) [In print]
- Kim, Y. H., & Kim, M. (2010). A new approach for assessment and comparison of Web sites: Using the modified Balanced Scorecard (BSC) and Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP). Journal of Hospitality Marketing & Management, 19(7), 675-695.
- Kim, Y. H., Boo, C., & Kim, M. (2011). A case study of health tourism in Jeju Special Self-Governing Province, the Republic of Korea (South Korea). FIU Hospitality Review, 29(1).(In-press)
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, M., & Goh, B. K. (2010). An investigation of food tourists’ behavior: Using the modified theory of reasoned action. Tourism Management (In press).
- Kim, Y. H., Kim, M., Goh, B. K., & Antun, J. M. (2010). A comparison between first-timers and repeaters at a food event. Journal of Culinary Science & Technology, 7(4), 239-249.
- Langlois MA, Hallam JS, Wonders K, Husain M. Revisiting the relationship of beliefs and access to mammography history in low-income women: Implications for updating breast cancer awareness campaigns. American Journal of Health Studies, 2010, 25(2), 78-85.
- Loftin, M., Waddell, D., Robinson, J.H. and Owens, S. (2010). Comparison of energy expenditure to walk or run a mile in adult normal weight and overweight men and women. The Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 24, 2974-2798.
- Nocera J, Buckley T, Waddell D, Okun M, and Hass C. The relationships of knee extensor strength and function in Parkinson’s disease, Archives of Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation, Volume 91, Issue 4, April 2010, Pages 589-595.
- Orlowski MA, Wonders KY, Hallam JS. Physical activity in an organized after school program: A pilot study. JEPonline, 2010, 13(3), 12-21.
- Owens, SG, Garner, JC, Loftin, JM, van Blerk, N, & Ermin, K. Wii Fit Utilization During Three Months of in-Home Use. Journal of Strength & Conditioning Research
- Reynolds, D. & Taylor, J. (2010). Validating a DEA-based menu analysis model using structural equation modeling. International Journal of Hospitality Management. doi: 10.1016/j.ijhm.2010.11.001
- Roseman, M.G., Riddell, M.R., and Haynes-Niblock, J.* (2011) A Content Analysis of Kindergarten-12th Grade School-based Nutrition Interventions: Utilization of Past Learnings. Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior. 23(1), 2-18.
- Ruetzler, T., Taylor, J., Reynolds, D., & Baker, W. (2010). Understanding perceptions of professional attributes using conjoint analysis. International Journal of Hospitality Management. doi: 10.1016/i.ijhm.2010.09.006
- Spradlin, K., Bass, M.A., Hyman, W.V., & Keathley, R.S. (2010). Skin cancer: Knowledge, behaviors, and attitudes of college students. Southern Medical Journal, 103(10), 999-1003.
- Valliant, MW & Tidwell, DK. (2009).Calcium intake and body fat in young African American women. The Digest. volume 1;1 -5.
- Waddell, D., Nassar, S. and Gustafson, S. (2011) Single Case Design in Psychophysiological Research: Part II – Quantitative Aspects, Journal of Neurotherapy, 15(2) 1-17.
- Woodyard CD, Hallam JS. Differences in college student typical drinking and celebration drinking. Journal of American College Health, 2010, 58(6), 533- 538.
- Yoon, Junghai, Siwuel Kim, Yunhee Chang, Hyangsook Cho, and Hyunju Song. (2010). “A Panel Data Analysis of the Determinants of Health Care Expenditures among Older Single-Person Households.” Journal of Consumer Studies, 21(4): 193-218.