Join our team as a School of Applied Sciences Social Media Ambassador!
Do you spend hours on social media AND love your academic program? The School of Applied Sciences is looking for one currently enrolled Ole Miss student from each of our five academic departments to take our official social media platforms to the next level.
Our Social Media Ambassadors will showcase the Applied Sciences experience throughout our communities in order to connect with prospective and current students, their families, our faculty, staff, alumni and stakeholders. Please note, this is an unpaid internship for those seeking experience in a professional setting.
Examples of Work Performed
- Brainstorm and create social media content for multiple platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other online outlets
- Work closely with professional staff of writers, photographers, graphic designers and web developers to research, plan, implement and evaluate social media campaigns
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in an academic program of study within the School of Applied Sciences.
- Prior professional experience managing organizational social media platforms preferred, but not necessary
- Able to work no fewer than 4 hours per week developing content and covering departmental events as assigned
- Willing to assist with projects, campaigns outside of scheduled hours as needed
What’s In It For Me?
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience
- Work with PR, marketing and communications professionals
- Develop valuable portfolio content
- Influence and enhance Ole Miss social media channels
Interested? Apply below! Applications will be accepted beginning September 4, 2018.