Statistical Consulting Services
The SAS Analytics Lab provides measurement and statistical consulting services to all members at The University of Mississippi.
Consulting services are free of charge and cover a variety of areas, including:
- Statistical questions about coursework
- Term papers
- Journal articles
- Grant writings
Consulting services include, but are not limited to:
- Research design
- Data entry/mining/management
- Data analysis
- Findings’ reporting and interpretation
- General and advanced statistical help
- Class contents review
- Software tutorials
For safety purposes, if a consultant is reviewing client’s research data, the data must be de-identified, or the consultant must be added to the client’s IRB protocol prior to the consulting meetings. There are no exceptions for this rule. The consultant is not responsible for doing the clients’ work for them. Clients are encouraged to establish/use hourly consulting services (i.e., a contractual service) with the Lab if necessary. Please contact the SAS Analytics Lab Director, Dr. Minsoo Kang (email@example.com) or consulting project leader, Dr. Taeyeon Oh (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further details.
How to make an appointment?
To submit a request to meet with our consultants:
- Please refer to the table below to select the consultant whose areas of expertise seem to best meet your needs. Then, make an appointment by email or visit the lab office for a consulting service (GHM H203, 08:00 am – 05:00 pm).
- Please do not submit the same request to multiple consultants at the same time.
- If you don’t know who the best consultant is for your project, please email the consulting project leader, Dr. Taeyeon Oh for further assistance.
Student Consultants AY 2020-2021
|Name and Department||Analytics Expertise||Software Proficiency|
Health, Exercise Science, and Recreation Management
|General Linear Model|
Psychometrics (validity & reliability)
|Study design for retrospective and survey data|
Complex survey data analyses
Propensity score-based methods
Moderation and Mediation
Cost data analysis
Univariate and bivariate analysis
Data exploration / Descriptive statistics
General Linear Models (GLM)
Moderation and Mediation Analyses
|Yiqiao Zhang (Joey)|
|General Linear Models|
Applied Multivariate Analysis
Statistical Mediation and Moderation
Nutrition and Hospitality Management
CFA & SEM
Mediation & Moderation
Multi Group Analysis
How can I become a SAS Analytics Lab student consultant?
Every student with Graduate Minor in Applied Statistics (GMAS) in the University is eligible to apply to become a student statistical consultant. The lab recruits the new consultants every spring semester.