JHS Vanguard Center at Oxford
The Schools of Applied Sciences and Pharmacy have collaborated to bring Jackson Heart Study Vanguard Center to the Oxford campus at the University of Mississippi. The Jackson Heart Study is the largest single-site, prospective, epidemiological investigation of cardiovascular disease among African Americans. It is a population-based longitudinal study with a purpose to engage and mentor faculty and graduate students in collaborative research, analysis, and ancillary study requests.
The Vanguard Center at Oxford includes but is not limited to basic and applied research related to ethnicities, health disparities, socio-cultural, and other social determinants of health and disease risk factors for cardiovascular related disease.
- University of Mississippi Medical School
- Jackson State University
- Tougaloo College
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
Resources and News
- JHS Useful Links and Information
- JHS Steps for Researchers
- JHS Nutrition and Physical Activity Working Group
- JHS Events
- News story: Jackson Heart Study Vanguard Center at Oxford Debuts New Leadership
Dr. Teresa Carithers at an invited lecture for the GTEC Research Scholars Camp at JSU