Intercollegiate Athletics Academic Success Graduate Certificate (Online)
About the Program
The Intercollegiate Athletics Academic Success Graduate Certificate is a fully online program that includes four courses totaling 12 hours of graduate-level course work. Courses are offered in accelerated terms so that learners may complete the certificate in as little as one semester or as long as two years. This program will teach students what working in athletics academic advising and support entails along with introducing the technical elements of student-athlete academic eligibility. Students will gain an understanding of academic reform in the NCAA to inform their understanding of the current landscape regarding advising student-athletes.
- 100% online
- Complete in as little as one semester
- 5 start dates throughout the year
- Courses instructed by athletic directors
- Increase marketability for employment opportunities in collegiate sports
The primary objectives of the Intercollegiate Athletics Academic Success Graduate Certificate are to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the NCAA governance structure and ways intercollegiate athletics departments are structured within the framework of higher education
- Critically evaluate academic reform, NCAA eligibility rules and issues faced by athletic academic advisors at the Division I level
- Describe and discuss ethical issues and implications that are prevalent in the athletic academic advising profession
- Demonstrate an understanding of the meaning and evolution of the NCAA APP program
- Identify, explore and implement appropriate strategies and interventions aimed at assisting institutions in achieving NCAA APP benchmarks
Email Megan Black (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or would like to schedule a meeting.