School of Applied Sciences
The University of Mississippi

Getting Admitted into a School of Applied Sciences Degree Program

If you wish to change your major to one of the degree programs offered by the School of Applied Sciences, please fill out our Change of Major Request form online.

Once you have submitted your completed form to our office, we will evaluate your previous course work on a checklist of the current requirements for your new degree and officially change your major in the computer system. We will send you an e-mail notifying you when this has been done (within 48 hours). At that time, if you need to be advised, you may contact your new department to set up an advising appointment.

Before proceeding……

Before submitting the Change of Major Request Form, note that you must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA overall (all UM and transfer course work to date) as well as in your cumulative UM course work in order to change into one of our majors. If you do not have the required GPA’s, we cannot change your major and we cannot advise you regarding course selection in an official capacity. However, our checklists of course requirements for all of our majors are available on-line.

You may take any of the general education requirements listed on the checklist and you may also enroll in any major courses that are open provided they are not limited to majors only. Once you have attained the required GPA’s, you may then submit the Change of Major Request Form and we will officially change your major and assign you an advisor within your chosen degree program.